8 X Doctor Glass D Ring Clip Silver Dzus Fasteners
FREE SHIPPING AUSTRALIA WIDE!
Doctor Glass DZUS fastener kits are a specialized 1/2 turn quick release fastener used to join to fibreglass or other panels together. If you need quick access to an area covered by a panel such as a Belly Pan then Dzus Fasteners are the answer. Dzus Fasteners are also great item to have in your spares kit for doing quick repairs.
Single fastener consists of: 1x Dzus D Ring fastener, 1x retaining clip styke backing plate & 1x nylon washer.
If you require a different amount of fasteners
We have listings for 4 X, X 8, X 10 and X 20 kits as well as Flush Mount and D Ring Rivet style fasteners
Shaft width: 7mm
Head width: 12mm
Shaft Length: 17.5mm
Backing plate mounting width: 25mm
Engagement distance: 4mm to 10mm adjustable (width fastener will engage over)
These D Ring Clip Style fasteners can be attached and released by hand using the quick release ring.
Please note: All of our fasteners that are ordered with FREE SHIPPING are sent via Australia Post surface mail. This is the only way we can provide free shipping at this price. Surface mail does not have a tracking number and sometimes takes a little longer, especially during peak periods. If you wish to have your fasteners delivered quickly with a tracking number please select the express post shipping service.
Fitting D Ring Clip Dzus fasteners can be tricky the first time you try it, so please be patient :)
Dummy fitting the fastener first to check engagement distance is the only way to achieve proper results.
- Drill the hole through the two panels you want to fasten together first, making sure there is room on the rear panel for mounting of the backing clip.
- Dummy fit the fastner through the hole and into the backing clip/plate to make sure the fit is good. You want it to fasten with the right amount of tension. If it is too tight you may break the fastener - if it is too loose the fastener may rattle free.
- If it is too tight and will not "Engage" nicely with a 1/2 turn, then you will need to bend the tab on the backing plate to suit.
NOTE: Make sure you heat the backing plate first before you bend it or it may snap. A cup of hot water will suffice. And bend it a little bit each time, if you go too far the fastner will be loose and the tab may break if you bend it too many times.
- If the fastener is too loose you can add the nylon washer or a normal washer to space it out.
- When you have the engagement distance set correctly, re-fit the fastener.
If you have no experience - or if you are unsure please contact us.
We cannot refund customers due to ill fitting fasteners because of lack of knowledge.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other motospares users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.