Free Shipping Aust Wide!
Ever tried to take a Banana from a Chimp? We can tell you it’s not easy... Which is why we developed our MonkeyBones Chimp Grip Pads to have the same Banana Grip ratio as a hungry Circus Chimp! Next time the Gorillas at the track try to steal your trophy, you can hang on tighter with Chimp Grip!!!
Please note: Some of the sample images listed above are for display purposes only. They are Chimp Grip fitted to a Yamaha R6 08-16 tank. If you want to see this model's exact shape please check first main image of Chimp Grip product in packaging. We will be adding model specific "fitted" images as they become available. If you have purchased and fitted Chimp Grip to your bike, we would appreciate any images you could send to us.
09-14 S 1000 RR
- Better bike control through improved contact to tank
- Less fatigue and arm pump through better use of core muscles
- Soft gel design to reduce wear to leathers
- Super strong 3M peel and stick adhesive
1. Before fitting, set the bike up in a clean dust free area.
2. Make sure area on tank where Chimp Grip is to be fitted is completely clean and free from grease, wax and other contaminants by cleaning thoroughly with a paint safe solvent such as Brake Clean or Alcohol.
3. Test fit the Chimp Grip so that you know exactly where it is going to fit and how it will line up on the bike.
4. Using a hair dryer or heat gun on low/warm setting, heat the application area and the Chimp Grip pads so that they are warm to touch. Be careful not to over heat and melt the Chimp Grip.
5. Once warm, carefully peel a small section of the backing paper from one end of the Chimp Grip pad and fold it over so that you can apply one end to the bike and check the alignment. If it is not aligned correctly you can remove the pad and start again. When you are happy with the alignment carefully stick the rest of the pad on, making sure you work the bubbles out as you go. If you do get a bubble, slowly pull the pad back to release the trapped air then reapply the pad.
6. Once you have all the pads fitted leave the bike for 12 hours to give the adhesive time to cure. Note: MonkeyBones Chimp Grip pads are a one use only item, they are not designed to be removed and re-fitted.
Please note: if you come across the problem of the sticky backing peeling away from the back of the pad when you remove the wax paper, simply make a very light cut through the wax paper in the centre of the Tank Pad with a razor blade and peel the wax paper from the centre of the pad back towards the edges. This problem is especially prone to happen when cutting universal tank pads to shape but can be easily avoided by using the method described above.
Please note: If you have problems with Chimp Grip not sticking to your bike or are concerned about problem areas such as plastic shrouds, you need 3M 94 Adhesion Promoter. In some cases, contaminants left on the bike, such as silicon or wax polish, can cause major problems with tank pads not adhering correctly. 3M 94 Primer creates a super strong bond between your tank pad and the tank surface that is ideal for problem areas - click here to purchase
MonkeyBones Chimp Grip Pads are guaranteed to be free from manufacturing faults and flaws at the time of purchase.. We do not provide warranty against poor fitting, and or in conditions where grease, wax or other containments have not been sufficiently removed prior to fitting and have caused loss of adhesion.
Motorcycle riding and racing is inherently dangerous and can cause serious injury or death. The manufacturer, distributor and seller of this product is not responsible for any injury or death caused by the use of this product. By opening this package the user agrees to hold the above mentioned parties not responsible in case of accident, injury or death.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other motospares users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.