4 X Doctor Glass Flush Mount 8mm Silver Alloy Dzus Fasteners
FREE SHIPPING AUSTRALIA WIDE!
Doctor Glass DZUS 8mm fastener kits are a specialized 1/2 turn quick release fastener used to join to fibreglass or other panels together. If you need quick access to an area covered by a panel such as a Belly Pan then Dzus Fasteners are the answer. Dzus Fasteners are also great item to have in your spares kit for doing quick repairs.
Single fastener consists of: 1x Dzus flat mount fastener, 1x retaining "S" backing wire, 1x nylon washer & 2x pop rivets.
If you require a different amount of fasteners
We have listings for 4 X, X 8, X 10 and X 20 kits as well as D Ring Clip and D Ring Rivet style fasteners
Shaft width: 8mm
Head width: 15mm
Shaft Length: 11.5mm
Backing spring mounting width: 25mm
Engagement distance: 2mm to 7mm adjustable (width fastener will engage over)
These Flush mount style fasteners have a a low profile aerodynamic fit that requires a flat blade screwdriver to quick release.
Please note: All of our fasteners that are ordered with FREE SHIPPING are sent via Australia Post surface mail. This is the only way we can provide free shipping at this price. Surface mail does not have a tracking number and sometimes takes a little longer, especially during peak periods. If you wish to have your fasteners delivered quickly with a tracking number please select the express post shipping service.
Fitting Flush Mount Dzus fasteners can be tricky the first time you try it, so please be patient :)
Dummy fitting the fastener first to check engagement distance is the only way to achieve proper results.
- Check the pics above for an inside view of a fitted Flush Mount fastener, this will help explain how the fastener works.
- Drill the hole through the two panels you want to fasten together first, making sure there is room on the rear panel for mounting of the backing "S" wire with pop rivets.
- Dummy fit the fastner through the hole and onto the backing "S" wire to make sure the fit is good. You want it to fasten with a nice "click". If it is too tight you may break the fastener - if it is too loose the fastener may rattle free.
- If it is too tight and will not "Engage" nicely with a 1/2 turn, then you will need to put the backing "S" wire on the bench and tap it SLIGHTLY flatter with a hammer to bring the engaging bar closer to the fastener when fitted.
NOTE: Make sure you heat the backing "S" wire first before you tap it with a hammer or it may snap. A cup of hot water will suffice. And only tap it a little bit each time, if you go too far the fastner will be loose and it is hard to bend back the other way.
- If the fastener is too loose you can add the nylon washer or a normal washer to space it out.
- When you have the engagement distance set correctly, re-dummy fit the fastener and mark the holes where the backing "S" wire attaches to the underside of the inside panel, then drill and pop rivet into place and refit the fastener.
- Remember - once the backing "S" wire is pop riveted into place, it is almost impossible to bend the wire and adjust the engagement distance without damaging the panel.
These fasteners are not simple to fit if you have no experience - if you are unsure please contact us.
We cannot refund customers due to ill fitting fasteners because of lack of knowledge.
Dzus fastenersBy: Linda Barge on 22 January 2020Happy with items
DZUS FASTENER KITBy: Eric Salmon on 16 July 2018Good quality, fast postage. Nothing to complain about
Dzus fastenersBy: David on 21 August 2016These items are a bugger to install correctly as the instructions really don't specifically advise the best way. I did install them, and the shafts broke. I had 8 of them and 5 broke. I contacted your office, they sent me 5 more, explained the best way to install, which I did , and not one had a problem and all fitted well. Instructions need to be clear on how to install for other people who have never done it. The product now in and secure, are good. Would not use any other fasteners. And glad they sent me some new fasteners, and explained how to fit, thanking you