S3 Carbon Ceramic Brake Pads
Free Shipping Australia Wide!
Time to grab yourself a bargain!
We have a huge range of quality Goldfren Disk Brake Pads that we need to sell ASAP, so we are running them out the door at well below retail price! We only have limited stock, so what you see below is all we have so be quick!
The S3 sintered compound is optimal for street bikes, dual sport, touring, cruisers. It's recommended on applications with rather larger engines or for people who ride harder than average and want the great stopping power of a sintered brake pad. The S3 series is designed for low abrasive interaction with the rotor and quieter braking because the ceramic composite material. It has an HH friction rating and performs better at higher temperatures than our AD compound. Friction materials contain metal-ceramic with a bronze-graphite and non-metallic friction additives are spread evenly on the base fine bronze body to achieve optimal friction properties.
Need to find the correct pad for your make / model / year bike?
- Click here to view the Goldfren Application guide and scroll down to find your bike and pad number (normally 3 digits)
- Either search for the 3 digit part number in the search bar at the top left of this page, or scroll through the listings in our store
Note: if you are unsure please contact us and we will search for you.
SXV 450 Supermotard 06 – 13 F
SXV 550 Supermotard 06 – 13 F
650 Pegaso Factory 06 – 08 F
2 Piston (Radial) F
4 Piston Radial Supermoto F
FS 450 C 06 F
FS 450 E 06 – 08 F
FS 550 E Supermoto 05 – 07 F
FS 650 C 06 – 08 F
FS 650 E Supermoto 05 – 08 F
SMR 450 05 – 06 F
SMR 525 05 F
SMR 650 Supermoto 06 F
- Very high static friction coefficient
- Minimal difference between wet and dry braking performance
- Good abrasive resistance
- Thermal stability up to 450°C, and even up to 800°C over a short term
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material
- Longer life compared to organic and kevlar composite materials
Range of Application
- Recommended for larger street bikes
- For riders who demand a bit more than average from their bikes
- Recommended on both front and rear brakes
- Works well on both dry and wet conditions
- Could also be used on the front brakes for off-road bikes and ATV
Materiel Operating Parameters
- Specific pressure: p < 3.0 Mpa
- Sliding speed: V < 45 m.s-1
- Constant maximum temp.: 450°C
- Short time maximum temp.: 800°C
- Counter-surfaces: steel disks
General Characteristics about Goldfren Brake Pads
- All the GOLDfren brake pads are made with sintered metal-ceramic and ceramic-carbon friction materials
- Sintered brake pads offer no brake fade when operating at high temperatures and in wet conditions
- Sintered brake pads provide superior stopping power and longer life compared to other brake pad types such as: carbon organic, organic, or semi-metallic organic
- Sintered brake pads are made by fusing together metallic particles under high temperatures and pressure using a pressed powdered-metal technology
- GOLDfren is a pioneer in sintering, using advanced and progressive powder metallurgy methods
- Designed for both wet and dry applications
- Sintered brake pads deliver exceptional braking performance and durability under the most demanding conditions
- All the materials used are lead and asbestos free
- GOLDfren® is the brand for high-end quality aftermarket performance disc brakes
- Compound series available are: AD, S3, K1, K5, K5-LX, S33, GP5, GP6, PG7
- Application of each compound is based on our brake pad application chart or the rider's preference and riding style
- The sintered friction material is soldered to the copper lined steel backing plate, hence, separation (which can happen with organic pads) is virtually impossible
- Replacement of brake pads should be done in dry clean conditions and preferably by a professionally qualified person. If the friction material comes in contact with oil or brake fluid and the liquid soaks into the pores of the friction material, a catastrophic decrease in friction coefficient (braking performance) could occur
- Please beware that sintered brake pads require a bed-in period after installation. Allow some extra braking distance during the bed-in period. For more information on bedding your brake pads see our FAQs page #6
- Braking performance is significantly influenced by the quality of the braking surface of the Disc rotor; also by the age and quality of the brake fluid, and by the correct choice of complementary type of brake pad
- To achieve the perfect brake effect, we recommend using GOLDfren brake pads in conjunction with GOLDfren rotors and brake lines because of its excellent quality common friction properties
- Brake with the products developed by GOLDfren®
Please note: You will need to order 1 set per caliper for Twin Disk front end. If you have twin rotors you will need to order 2 X sets of pads.
Please note: we only have limited stock and it is all listed on this site.
Please note: Product photos may not represent the exact shape of the pad listed - please check the technical drawing above for exact pad shape.
Bedding-in: this is a particularly important procedure for all compounds. The pads are bedded in by applying the brakes lightly several times and ending with a firm bite, leaving a pause between one squeeze and the next. This will produce the correct heating and cooling cycle needed to prepare the system. The duration of the bedding-in period depends on the type of compound: generally longer for organic compounds than for sintered.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other motospares users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.