4 X Doctor Glass D Ring Rivet Silver Dzus Fasteners
FREE SHIPPING AUSTRALIA WIDE!
Doctor Glass DZUS fastener kits are a specialized 1/2 turn quick release fastener used to join to fibreglass or other panels together. If you need quick access to an area covered by a panel such as a Belly Pan then Dzus Fasteners are the answer. Dzus Fasteners are also great item to have in your spares kit for doing quick repairs.
Single fastener consists of: 1x Dzus D Ring fastener, 1x retaining rivet styke backing plate, 1x nylon washer & 2x pop rivets.
If you require a different amount of fasteners
We have listings for 4 X, X 8, X 10 and X 20 kits as well as Flush Mount and D Ring Clip style fasteners
Shaft width: 7mm
Head width: 12mm
Shaft Length: 17.5mm
Backing plate mounting width: 25mm
Engagement distance: 4mm to 10mm adjustable (width fastener will engage over)
These D Ring rivet Style fasteners can be attached and released by hand using the quick release ring.
Fitting D Ring Rivet Dzus fasteners can be tricky the first time you try it, so please be patient :)
Dummy fitting the fastener first to check engagement distance is the only way to achieve proper results.
- Drill the hole through the two panels you want to fasten together first, making sure there is room on the rear panel for mounting of the backing plate with pop rivets.
- Dummy fit the fastner through the hole and into the backing plate to make sure the fit is good. You want it to fasten with the right amount of tension. If it is too tight you may break the fastener - if it is too loose the fastener may rattle free.
- If it is too tight and will not "Engage" nicely with a 1/2 turn, then you will need to bend the tab on the backing plate to suit.
NOTE: Make sure you heat the backing plate first before you bend it or it may snap. A cup of hot water will suffice. And bend it a little bit each time, if you go too far the fastner will be loose and the tab may break if you bend it too many times.
- If the fastener is too loose you can add the nylon washer or a normal washer to space it out.
- When you have the engagement distance set correctly, re-dummy fit the fastener and mark the holes where the backing plateattaches to the underside of the inside panel, then drill and pop rivet into place and refit the fastener.
- Remember - once the backing plate is pop riveted into place, it is more difficult to bend the tab and adjust the engagement distance without damaging the panel.
If you have no experience - or if you are unsure please contact us.
We cannot refund customers due to ill fitting fasteners because of lack of knowledge.
good product supported with good service.By: Robert Fry on 11 April 2017well made product, direct replacement for the Honda NC30 DZUS fastener. Packaged well with fast delivery.
WorksBy: Chris on 11 February 2016Replaced lost fittings on a Can Am Spyder and these worked well. Fast delivery too!